I find that people are always looking for a simple ‘fix’ to their health. Patients are always asking me to tell them what the easiest thing they can do to get healthy. I understand. You want to bend time and get healthy quickly and painlessly. I’ve compiled a Top 10 list of things that I think you can start doing today to improve your health.
Here are my top 10 principles of healthy eating.
1. Make the best food choices whenever possible. Learn about superfoods and how to put more of them in your diet.
2. Eat the rainbow of colors for variety.
3. Watch your portions.
4. Drink a lot of water.
5. Decrease your salt intake. Switch to sea salt in order to have more potassium and magnesium.
6. Drink more green tea. You will live longer.
7. Increase your daily fibre intake. Fibre burns calories.
8. Sugar-carbohydrates-starches are the enemy and will make you age quicker.
9. Drink only small amounts of coffee.
10. l If you drink alcohol, drink one drink daily at the most. Alcohol is a toxin and the body’s capability to detoxify it is overwhelmed easily.
I would suggest picking one of these principles of healthy eathing that you can start today and commit to it for a week to start and then go from there. Add item on the list every week. I’d even recommend trying for a month at a time. Even making these minor changes would result in drastic improvements in your health.